How to file for disability,
Filing for SSI
How long is the wait?,
The Social Security List of Impairments
Qualifying for Disability,
Disability Lawyer Info,
Disability Back Pay
Recent Articles and Answers to Questions November 2014
- Will collecting retirement stop disability benefits?
- How long will it take to receive my Social Security Award letter and back pay?
- Disability benefits can be ceased for medical improvement but it is hard for SSA to prove
- Will I qualify for disability if I tried to go back to work?
- Collecting SSI Disability, marriage, and work
- Can I get disability for arthritis in my shoulders, arms, and feet?
- How do you find out how your disability claim is going and where it is in the process?
- Turned down at my disability hearing: should I appeal or refile?
- Proving you are disabled for Social Security Disability with older work credits
- Can I work if I have not received my disability award letter?
- Filing and qualifying for disability with melanoma
- What if I receive disability and want to cash out an IRA?
- Will a new diagnosis of depression help on a disability appeal after being denied on the initial disability application?
- How to go back on disability after trying to work again
- Can you draw Social Security Disability on a spouse's Social Security earnings record?
- Can you file for SSD and SSI at the same time and have the cases worked on separately?
- Can I request and submit my own medical records for my disability case?
- Can I apply for benefits with bipolar and no long term medical history?
- Social Security Disability and ongoing education, will it hurt my claim if I am going to school?
- Can I be in school and apply for disability?
- Applying for disability with bipolar, anxiety, and antisocial personality disorder
- Trying to get disability with meniere's, degenerative disc, ankylosing spondylitis, depression, and anxiety
- Awarded SSD benefits, can I work while getting disability?
- How does age affect a Social Security Disability or SSI case?
- Denied at disability hearing and filed appeal with appeals council
- Can I supplement my income with part time work while I get disability?
- Applying for disability based on stroke, bipolar disorder, panic attacks, and fatigue
- Social Security Disability and treatment counselors
- Filing for disability with congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy
- Can you qualify for disability based on narcolepsy?
- Can I get disability with anxiety, IBS, asthma, migraines, OCD, bad vision, and depression?
- Social Security Disability and Workman's compensation
- Filing a second application for disability
- Applying for permanent disability with liver disease and a spinal fusion
- What happens if I am on disability and sell property?
- Will the disability examiner call my former employer about the type of work I did?
- Does Social Security consider all of your past jobs?
- Social Security Disability for insomnia or sleep disorders
- Filing with SSA for disabled child with autism
- Do you have to report an EEOC settlement to Social Security if you get disability benefits?
- Social Security Disability, freelance income, and paying taxes
- Should I have a local Social Security Disability Advocate?
- Social Security back pay and temporary state disability benefits
- What does a child get if a person is approved for disability?
- SSI disability rule concerning living arrangements and shared household expenses
- If I work part time, will Social Security deduct from my disability check?
- Denied at my disability review and am now appealing that determination
- If I get approved for disability on the second application
- Can you get disability benefits while you wait for your hearing to be scheduled?
- Receiving Social Security Disability benefits if you are blind
- Deadline to file request for disability hearing
- Applying for disability with a cervical spine discectomy and fusion
- Do you have to report Social Security Disability income?
- Social Security benefits if you already get short term disability
- What is the difference between receiving back pay for SSD and SSI?
- Filing for retroactive disability benefits
- Can my disability benefits be garnished for unpaid fines?
- Why does Social Security take five months of benefits from you when you are awarded?
- Social Security Disability, previous employers, and past job work performance
- What can I expect from a Social Security Mental Examination or Evaluation?
- Is there a waiting period for SSI or SSDI?
- Can I qualify for SSI benefits due to having angina?
- Will the inability to do daily activities say to Social Security you cannot work?
- What is the first thing that will get you denied for disability?
- Are people with HIV and AIDS immediately approved for disability?
- Do people with 20/200 corrected vision or worse automatically get disability?
- Why does Social Security or DDS disregard my doctor's statement supporting my case?
- When you file for disability do you have to see their doctors?
- Social Security Disability Approval and Denial Rates
- Social Security Attorneys and Disability Representatives
- Disability lawyers - basic questions for Social Security help
- Social Security Disability benefits for stroke
- Stroke is the leading cause of adult disability in the United States
- Applying for Social Security Disability or SSI for Stroke
- Social Security Disability, back pain, and sedentary, light, and medium work
- Social Security Disability, SSI, and low IQ
- Applying for disability with Schizophrenia
- Can I get disability for Rheumatoid arthritis?
- Social Security Disability, SSI, and autoimmune disorders
- Can you get disability for ankylosing spondylitis?
- Saying the wrong thing at a Social Security medical exam
- Chances of being denied disability after an examination
- Do people go bankrupt due to the long wait for disability benefits?
- Social Security Disability denied for the second time
- Do you have to go to a mental exam after applying for disability?
- Invisible Disabilities and decisions on claims for disability
- Filing an SSI disability appeal
- The chances of winning with a Social Security Disability judge
- Social Security Disability, SSI and more than one medical problem
- An on the record disability decision can speed up a case
- Social Security Disability SSI Application Hearing Tips: Describing work
- To win disability, you must be seen by a doctor and have recent records
- Social Security Disability and ESRD, End Stage Renal Disease
- Applying for disability with hearing loss
- Filing for Social Security Disability with Post Polio
- Social Security Disability and cerebral palsy
- Social Security Disability Benefits and Drug and Alcohol Use
- Applying for Disability with high blood pressure
- Filing for disability based on Borderline Personality Disorder
What is the Social Security Disability SSI list of impairments?
Can you work while getting or applying for Disability?
How Often Does Social Security Approve Disability The First Time You Apply?
Tips for getting Social Security Disability or SSI benefits approved
What medical conditions will get you approved for disability?
What kind of Mental Problems Qualify for Disability?
Receiving a Disability Award Letter
Conditions Social Security will recognize as a disability
Previously answered questions regarding SSD and SSI
Applying for disability in your state
Most popular topics on SSDRC.com
Social Security Disability SSI Questions
The listings, list of disabling impairments
Can a mental illness qualify you for disability?
Disability Lawyers prevent unnecessary denials
How much Social Security Disability SSI back pay?
How to apply for disability for a child or children
Filing a Social Security Disability SSI application
Filing for disability - when to file
How to apply for disability - where to apply
Qualifications for disability benefits
How to Prove you are disabled and Win your Disability Benefits
Qualifying for Disability - The Process
How to get disability for depression
Getting disability for fibromyalgia
SSI disability for children with ADHD
What is the Application Process for Social Security Disability and SSI?
Common Mistakes to avoid after being denied for Disability
Social Security Disability SSI Exam tips
More Social Security Disability SSI Questions
Social Security Disability SSI definitions
What makes you eligible for Social Security Disability or SSI?
New and featured pages on SSDRC.com
Who can help me file for disability?
For the sake of clarity, SSDRC.com is not the Social Security Administration, nor is it associated or affiliated with SSA. This site is a personal, private website that is
published, edited, and maintained by former caseworker and former disability claims examiner, Tim Moore, who was interviewed by the New York Times on the topic of Social Security
Disability and SSI benefits in an article entitled "The Disability Mess" and also by the Los Angeles Times on the subject of political attempts to weaken the Social Security Disability
The goal of the site is to provide information about how Social Security Disability and SSI work, the idea being that qualified information may
help claimants pursue their claims and appeals, potentially avoiding time-consuming mistakes. If you find the information on this site helpful and believe it would be helpful to others,
feel free to share links to its homepage or other pages on website resource pages, blogs, or social media. Copying of this material, however, is prohibited.
To learn more about the author, please visit the SSDRC.com homepage and view the "about this site" link near the bottom of the page.