by Tim Moore. Free Case Evaluation here. How long will my disability case take in…
How does the Disability Process work in North Carolina?
Speaking as a Disability Representative and a former Disability Claims Examiner for Social Security, I think its safe to say that most individuals are nervous about applying for disability because there are just too many unanswered questions. So here are a few answers to questions you may have:
- When should I apply for disability in North Carolina? When you have a medical condition that you think may last a year or longer and which will prevent you from working.
- How will I qualify for disability? If we can prove everything that was mentioned in item 1, you will qualify. I can say this as someone who used to work on claims for the Social Security Administration.
- How much will I get in disability benefits? It depends on your work history and earnings. This will affect your monthly benefit and will how much back pay you may receive.
- How long will it take to get my disability? It will depend on whether or not you have to file appeals, how quickly those appeals are filed, and whether your case can be won without the need for appeals. At our office, if you have not applied yet we will contact Social Security and request that they give you an appointment for a disability application interview, done by phone.
- What are my chances of getting disability benefits in North Carolina? Individuals who have been denied and have the necessary appeal paperwork filed will have a good chance of being approved if the case goes to a hearing.
- Can I afford representation of my claim? You only pay a fee for representation if we win your case. It comes out of your back pay, and this is handled by Social Security.
Free Case EvaluationSeventy Percent of disability applications are denied in North Carolina. Complete the form below to get help with your disability claim. We are local, we understand how the system works in NC, and our consultation is FREE. After submitting, please scroll to the bottom for the confirmation that your form was sent, and to copy our phone number if you have further questions.