(Visit the Social Security Disability Resource Center) –
Most people do not understand that the Social Security dependent child benefits are technically the child’s, though most often a parent is chosen to manage their benefits. And as such, there are very few things that would cause the child to lose their dependent monthly benefits. Marriage is not a terminating event for SSDI or Social Security retirement beneficiaries.
If you receive Social Security disability benefits or Social Security retirement benefits, your children will lose their cash benefit if your benefits are suspended or terminated.
For example, if your SSDI benefits are suspended or terminated your children’s benefits will be suspended or terminated. The same would hold true if the children are receiving from another parent.
In summary, your marriage will not terminate your children’s benefits. It does not matter if the children are receiving on their other biological parent either. The children are actually receiving their own dependent benefit that can only be lost if the person on whose record they receive benefits on is terminated or suspended.
Recently added pages:
SSI retroactive disability back pay
How much SSI will I get in Colorado?
How long does it take to get disability in Colorado?
How much does disability pay in Colorado?
What Conditions Qualify for Disability in Colorado?
Disability Requirements in Colorado
Requirements for SSI Disability in Colorado
Will I Qualify for Disability in Colorado?
Can you work and apply for disability in Colorado?
What is the minimum you can get on disability in Colorado?
Colorado Disability Back Pay
Can I get temporary disability in Colorado?
How difficult is it to get disability benefits in Colorado?
For more information about SSD and SSI on this site, please refer to the pages and sections linked below.
- Getting disability approved on a reconsideration with an attorney
- What hours can I work and get disability?
- Denied for disability, then my condition got worse
- Can you get disability for migraines?
- What are wait Times for Social Security Disability Hearings?
- What type of back problems qualify for disability?
- How to dress for a disability hearing
- Social Security Disability SSI – mistakes not to make 2
- How does Social Security make a disability determination?
- If I get approved for disability, will I get kicked off later?
- Social Security Disability SSI – mistakes not to make 3
- Denial by an ALJ at a Disability Hearing
- What happens if a child is approved for SSI and later has benefits stopped?
- Can working hurt my disability case I have a hearing coming up?
- Does my doctor decide if I am disabled?
- Social Security Disability SSI – mistakes not to make 5
- Should I get a lawyer for my disability hearing for SSD or SSI?
- Social Security Disability SSI – mistakes not to make 6
- A medical or non-medical denial for disability
- How long does a disability judge have to make a decision?
- Will you lose your disability benefits when you get to retirement age?
- Getting Disability and Trying to work
- Can you file for disability after you file for early Social Security Retirement?
- When does Social Security send you to an xray?
- Social Security Disability SSI – mistakes not to make 8
- How do you get the most in Social Security disability SSI back pay?
- Social Security Disability SSI – mistakes not to make 9
- Social Security Disability SSI Appeals Council Appeal
- What are the requirements for disability?
- What about my disability back pay?
- Applying for SSI
- SSI Social Security Disability Award Notice
- Social Security Disability and SSI Applications
- Social Security Disability SSI decisions
- Disabilility application SSI, SSD, SSDI
- Social Security Disability Hearing
- Social Security Disability SSI Questions
- Get approved for disability
- How do I qualify for disability?
- Social Security Disability SSI denied
- Social Security Disability, SSI, Work, and Working
- Disability appeals
- Social Security Mental Disability Benefits
- Overview of disability
- Eligibility for receiving disability benefits
- Disability lawyer, disability attorney info
- To file a claim for disability