A question about filing for disability when an aneurysm was involved

"Hello,I'm a young lady dealing with headaches,and other after effects from having an aneurysm. I'm not working right now and when I do start back working I'll only be making about $770 per month,which only last me about four days,because it's spent out on bills from all month long.I won't have any leave time left to take this up coming year,and I'm wondering can I file for SSI or disibility to help my family and I out?"

Individuals who are dealing with significant residual impairments due to a past aneurysm should consider filing for Social Security Disability if their residual impairments prevent them from performing substantial gainful work activity. Substantial gainful work activity is a monthly wage limit established by Social Security each year. The current wage limit is see on this SGA page. Of course, any gross earned amount per month that is under the SGA limit would allow you to work and file for disability at the same time.

As far as your chances of winning your Social Security Disability benefits, that would depend upon the severity of your 'after affects' and how they limit your ability to perform daily activities such as shopping, work, driving, dressing, household chores, etc.

Social Security Disability concentrates on residual function (what you are able to do despite your disabling condition or conditions) rather than specific medical and / or mental impairments. Not knowing what other residual effects you have from your aneurysm or how severely they impact ability to perform routine activities make it difficult to forecast what your disability claim decision would be.

However, I certainly feel that you would be able to file and pursue you disability claim with Social Security as long as your earnings are below the SGA cutoff limit.

About the Author: Tim Moore is a former Social Security Disability Examiner in North Carolina, has been interviewed by the NY Times and the LA Times on the disability system, and is an Accredited Disability Representative (ADR) in North Carolina. For assistance on a disability application or Appeal in NC, click here.

Most popular topics on SSDRC.com

Social Security Disability in North Carolina

Common Mistakes to avoid after being denied for Disability

Tips to Prepare for Filing for Social Security Disability or SSI

Advice to Win SSD and SSI Benefit Claims

Social Security Disability SSI Questions

What is the difference between Social Security Disability and SSI?

How to get disability for depression

Getting disability for fibromyalgia

SSI disability for children with ADHD

What is the Application Process for Social Security Disability and SSI?

Social Security Disability SSI Exam tips

More Social Security Disability SSI Questions

What makes you eligible for Social Security Disability or SSI?

Related pages:

How to file for disability in Pennsylvania PA
Exercise can prevent disability from arthritis
Denied for disability with degenerative disc disease
Disability from IBS and other conditions
Does sleep apnea treatment qualify a person for temporary SSI disability?
You can qualify for disability based on epilepsy in two separate ways
Can you qualify for Social Security Disability on the basis of fibromyalgia?
What are the requirements and criteria for Social Security Disability?
Disability at age 50 or older
Should you get a Statement from a Personal Physician for your SSD or SSI Disability Case?
Can you file for disability with dyslexia?
The amount of back pay that you receive
If You Get Social Security Disability or SSI, Will Your Dependents Get A Check?
How to file for disability, tips to start