Overview of Disability
Disability Back Pay
Disability Advice Tips
How long do cases take?
How to win Disability
SSD Mistakes to avoid
Disability for Mental
What if you get denied?
How to file Appeals
Disability through SSA
SSI Disability Benefits
Disability for Children
How do I qualify for it?
Working and Disability
Disability Award Notice
Disability Lawyer Q&A
Disability Conditions List
What is a disability?
Your Medical Evidence
Filing for your Disability
SSD SSI Definitions
SSDRC authored by
SSDRC Disability Blog
There are many symptoms of liver disease, depending upon which type of liver disease you have
1) Liver disease is not just one disease; the term ‘liver disease’ refers to many different diseases, infections, and conditions that affect the liver, from Hepatitis and Gallstones, to Gilbert Syndrome and Alcoholic Liver Disease.
2) Although the most common reason for liver disease is malnutrition (many times due to alcoholism), it can also be caused by chemical and physical body changes, bacterial invasion, and viral infections.
3) Fulminant hepatitis is a rare and potentially fatal form of liver disease that causes liver failure. It is sometimes caused by complications due to hepatitis B, C, or D.
4) Some liver disease is caused by over-consumption of alcohol, either from binge drinking or excess drinking for many years. These alcoholic-induced liver diseases include alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic hepatitis, and fatty liver disease.
5) There are many symptoms of liver disease, depending upon which type of liver disease you have and how serious your current stage of the disease. Some common liver disease symptoms are nausea, dark urine, jaundice, itching, loss of appetite, vomiting, fatigue, and abdominal pain.
6) While a simple physical exam may be able to point to a liver disease diagnosis, physicians also use ultrasounds, complete blood count (CBC), liver scans, MRI and liver function tests to diagnose liver disease.
7) Treatments for liver disease can include everything from anti-nausea medications and resting, to drinking more water, avoiding alcohol and avoiding medications that are not absolutely necessary.
8) A low-protein, low-sodium, high carbohydrate, and moderate fat diet is helpful for those with liver disease.
Return to: Social Security Disability Resource Center, or read answers to Questions
SSI for an autistic child
Appealed my disability denial, what should I expect?
Can you receive your SSI disability payment before you get an approval letter?
How to file for disability in South Dakota
Winning a Social Security Disability Appeal or SSI Appeal
Chronic pain and filing for disability
Winning and getting disability with a mental condition
Getting disability for rheumatoid arthritis
Partial Social Security Disability SSI benefits
How to file for disability in Michigan
Filing an SSI appeal
Social Security disability advocates
Application tip for filing for Social Security disability or SSI
Maximum disability attorney fee
Filing for disability with repetitive stress
Information on the following topics can be found here: Social Security Disability Questions and in these subsections:
Frequently asked questions about getting Denied for Disability Benefits | FAQ on Disability Claim Representation | Info about Social Security Disability Approvals and Being Approved | FAQ on Social Security Disability SSI decisions | The SSD SSI Decision Process and what gets taken into consideration | Disability hearings before Judges | Medical exams for disability claims | Applying for Disability in various states | Selecting and hiring Disability Lawyers | Applying for Disability in North Carolina | Recent articles and answers to questions about SSD and SSI
These pages provide answers to basic questions about pursuing disability benefits
Disability lawyer fee - what does an attorney cost? Social Security Disability appeal status
The status of your social security disability or SSI case
Filing for Social Security Disability or SSI tips
Maximum SSDI SSI Disability back pay
SSI disability back pay
How Far Back Will Social Security Pay Benefits?
What if the SSDI Disability application gets denied?
How to Apply for Disability - What medical conditions
When You File an SSI or Social Security Disability Application
After you file and apply for disability
Applying for disability, the application process
Tips for how to get approved for SSDI or SSI
Social Security Disability SSDI SSI Tips
Proving Social Security Disability for a mental condition
SSDI SSI Eligibility Requirements and Criteria
Qualifying for disability benefits (SSDI or SSI)
How does a person qualify for SSDI or SSI disability, how are they eligible?