I am not sure why you think that Social Security is cutting your disability benefits. If you had long or short disability benefits from your employer, they generally have you sign an agreement that forces you to repay benefits paid when you get a back payment of disability benefits. That is something that is strictly between you and the long or short term disability benefit provider.
The only kind of benefit that could cause Social Security to offset their disability payment would be workman's compensation benefits. If you collected those benefits at any time since you became unable to work, Social Security will use the amount you were paid to reduce or even suspend benefits payable. Social Security considers Workman's Compensation benefits to be government benefits and they may reduce your monthly Social Security benefits or even the full benefit amounts for the months you receive workman's compensation benefits.
This information, btw, was obtained from the official IRS site.
You should receive your Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 by early February for the benefits paid in the prior calendar year. The form will show benefits paid to the person who has the legal right to receive them, and the amount of any benefits you repaid. It will also show amounts by which the benefits were reduced because you received workers compensation benefits. The substitute workers compensation benefits would be taxable to the same extent. For additional information, refer to Publication 915, Social Security and Equivalent Railroad Retirement Benefits.
Additional Information on:
Social Security Disability
Social Security Disability Questions
- Will I Qualify For Social Security Disability Benefits in Alabama?
- Do I need an attorney for Social Security disability?
- What is a Social Security Disability Denial based on?
- Social Security Disability Status
- Tips for Getting Disability Approved
- Filing a Disability Application - the Information needed by SSA
- How Long Will It Take To Get My Disability Decision If I Appeal my Claim in California?
- The rate of approval for Social Security disability and SSI decisions
- How much does Social Security Disability or SSI pay?
- Application Process for Social Security Disability and SSI
- Social Security Back Pay
- How do I File and Apply for Social Security Disability or SSI?
- If You Are Currently Working Are You Eligible To Receive Social Security Disability Benefits?
- How to apply for Social Security Disability SSI benefits for children
- How long can it take to get disability benefits from Social Security in Colorado?
- Social Security Disability Hearing - How Do I Request One?
- Levels Of The Social Security Disability and SSI Application and Appeal Process
- How much does Disability Pay?
- Working - Are You Allowed to Work While Receiving disability?
- How to Claim Disability When you Have a Medical Problem
- How do you Win Benefits under Social Security Disability?
- Social Security Disability Back pay and How Long it Takes to Qualify for it
- To qualify for Social Security disability or SSI, how severe must a condition be?
- Tips to Prepare for Filing for Social Security Disability or SSI
- How to qualify for disability - The Process of Qualifying
- What is the difference between Social Security disability and SSI?
- Filing an Application for Disability Benefits under SSD or SSI
- Social Security Disability Attorney Qualifications and Expenses
- Do I automatically receive Medicare benefits if I'm approved for disability benefits?
- What is the Role of a Social Security Disability Representative?
- Qualifications for SSI and Social Security Disability
- Can you get temporary Social Security disability or SSI benefits?
- How do you apply for disability for your child or your children?
- How does back pay for Social Security disability work?
- The Social Security Disability List of Impairments
- Who qualifies for disability benefits under the SSD or SSI program?
- Social Security Disability SSI - Retroactive Benefits Vs Back Pay Benefits
- Social Security Disability, SSI, Mental Disorders, and Functional Limitations
- How To Get Disability Through SSDI or SSI Approved
Join the Facebook page: Social Security Disability on Facebook