If you are receiving a disability pension from an employer or long term disability company, there is a likelihood that they will offset what they pay you each month once you have been approved for Social Security disability.
If you are receiving a retirement pension from a governmental agency or an employer, it is unlikely that your entitlement to Social Security disability will cause your retirement pension to be offset (unless the retirement is base non covered earnings, i.e. federal civil service employees). The same is true if you are receiving a military retirement or disability pension.
Additional Information on:
Social Security Disability
Social Security Disability Questions
- Why does Representation increase the win ratio at a Social Security Disability or SSI Hearing?
- Do you need a Lawyer at the Administrative Law Judge Disability Hearing?
- Do I automatically receive Medicare benefits if I'm approved for disability benefits?
- Is there a Maximum I can Work and Make if I am on SSD or SSI Disability Benefits?
- Will a Social Security Judge give You an Immediate Decision at the Disability Hearing?
- What Happens When You File a Social Security Disability Application?
- If You Get Approved For SSDI Will You Also Get Medicare?
- If I Apply For Disability And Go Back To Work, Do I Need To Report This?
- Can You Get Approved For Social Security Disability If You Do Not Take Medication Or Go To a Doctor?
- When I Apply For Disability Should I List My Old Meds From Years Ago?
- After a Social Security Disability or SSI Claim has been taken and is Pending
- Dire Need and Getting a Social Security Disability or SSI Case Speeded Up
- What tools are used by a Social Security Disability Examiner to Make a Claim Decision?
- Who Makes the Decision at the Social Security Disability, SSI Hearing Level?
- What if you Move out of State after you apply for Social Security Disability or SSI?
- Qualifying for Disability - What is Social Security Looking for?
- What Happens in the processing of a disability claim after you file?
- Does The Social Security Disability Reconsideration Have A Time Limit?
- Filing for Disability Online or over the phone
- What if you get denied for disability multiple times?
Homepage for the: Social Security Disability Resource Center