Just recently, in fact, the Wall Street Journal published an article that made speculation as to the long-term future of the social security disability insurance program, and also featured information on denial and approval rates across the country, as well as the per capita distribution of disability benefits in the various states and territories. Not surprisingly, West Virginia and Puerto Rico stood out on the statistics spreadsheet. However, as someone pointed out to me, both areas have populations with lower educational attainment and a more skewed base of vocational opportunity. West Virginia also seems to have a preponderance of the type of work that can ruin a person's health at a fairly young age (mining).
The following article delivers some discussion as to why individuals may seek disability benefits when they lose a job and why this can be perfectly legitimate with regard to special considerations given by former employers and the lack of those considerations for disabled workers who are put in the position of having to find new employment.
Can you apply for disability when you lose your job?
Additional Information on:
Social Security Disability
Social Security Disability Questions
- Financial Help When You Are Filing For Disability
- What happens when you go to a Social Security disability hearing ?
- Medical conditions, social security disability and SSI
- Social Security Disability Hearing-How Do I Request One?
- Social Security Disability SSI, Anxiety, and Panic Attacks
- Social Security Disability SSI and back pain
- Filing for Social Security Disability
- Filing for Disability, how to apply
- What is the maximum back pay you can get for Social Security disability ?
- How much does Social Security pay in disability benefits ?
- Applying for Disability - How long does it take to get Social Security benefits?
- What is the difference between Social Security disability and SSI ?
- How do you find out if a Social Security disability claim has been approved or even denied ?
- How does the Social Security Disability Review work?
- How much does Social Security Disability or SSI pay?
- Social Security Disability Status Time
- The SSI Award Letter from Social Security
- Who qualifies for disability benefits
- How to Apply for Disability, What medical conditions can you apply for disability for ?
- Social Security Disability SSI Children Benefits
- Receiving a Social Security Disability SSI Award Letter
- Social Security Disability SSI Requirements
- Social Security Disability SSI Back pay
- Checking Social Security Disability Status
- Homepage for the: Social Security Disability Resource Center