How Likely are You to Win Your Disability Case?
If I Am Determined Disabled, How Far Back Will Social Security Pay Benefits?
How do you prove your disability case if you have a mental condition?
What Can I Do to Improve My Chances of Winning Disability Benefits
How to File for Disability - Tips for Filing
What is the Purpose of the Social Security Disability SSI Medical Exam, or CE?
Common Mistakes after Receiving a Denial of benefits
If You Get Approved For SSDI Will You Also Get Medicare?
Social Security Disability SSI Criteria and the Evaluation Process
Can You Get Approved For Social Security Disability If You Do Not Take Medication Or Go To a Doctor?
Filing an Application for Disability Benefits under SSD or SSI - Step by Step
How Long Does It Take To Get Disability Benefits When You First File?
Qualifying: What do you Need to Prove to Qualify for Disability?
Social Security Disability Questions
How to prove you are disabled
and win disability benefits
As a disability examiner for the social security administration, and as someone who has been involved in the representation of individuals seeking social security disability and SSI benefits, I have found that many of the questions that claimants are seeking answers to either go unanswered by SSA (the social security administration), or are not satisfactorily answered. On this page, we will address some of those questions and provide answers that are clear, concise, understandable, and, at the same time, sufficient in detail to explain how certain aspects of the disability application and appeal process work. As opposed to much of the information presented by disability attorneys who represent claimants, these questions are addressed from a different vantage point, basically from the position and viewpoint of someone who has actually processed claims and rendered decisions on them.
1. How do you Win Benefits under Social Security Disability?
2. What types of information is Social Security Disability looking for?
3. How do you get an SSI disability application started?
4. What are the SSI disability qualifications for Adults and Children?
5. What is the Social Security Disability List of Impairments?
6. What is the Purpose of the Social Security Disability SSI Medical Exam, or CE?
7. Social Security Consultative Medical Exams and How they affect Disability Claims
8. The Medical Vocational Allowance for Social Security Disability and SSI cases
9. Is there a list of conditions that might Qualify you for Disability Benefits?
10. What are the Requirements for Social Security Disability and SSI?
11. The Medical Requirements for Receiving Social Security Disability or SSI
12. What is usually the status of your social security disability or SSI case?
13. Where do you call to get the status of your Social Security Disability or SSI Claim?
14. Do you file for Social Security Disability or SSI?
15. Who makes the decision on a social security disability or SSI case?
16. How does Social Security Disability decide that you cannot work?
17. Appealing a Social Security Disability or SSI Denial with a Disability Hearing Before an ALJ (Administrative Law Judge)
18. What do you do if your Social Security Disability or SSI Claim is denied?
19. What Happens if a Social Security Disability or SSI Claim gets Denied on a Reconsideration Appeal?
20. What are the odds of a judge giving you a disability denial?
21. What is the Role of a Social Security Disability Representative?
22. Responsibilities of the Disability Representative Before and After the Social Security Hearing
23. Total Disability - Will social security disability try to determine if a person is totally disabled?
24. Are there ways to avoid being denied for SSI or social security disability?
25. Are the Chances of Winning Disability Benefits Higher at a Social Security Hearing with a Judge?
26. The Sequence of Steps to be Approved for Social Security Disability or SSI
27. If my disability claim is denied do I have to file an appeal to win back pay and monthly benefits?
28. What is a disability according to the Social Security Administration?
29. What are the ways to File an Appeal for a Social Security Disability or SSI claim denial?
30. Can you file an Internet Appeal for a Social Security Disability or SSI claim denial?
31. What does a Disability Denial Letter from Social Security say?
32. What does social security mean by disability, i.e. what is the definition?
33. What does the social security administration definition of disability actually say?
34. How are Decisions on SSDI and SSI Disability Claims made by SSA?
35. Does your chance of winning disability benefits at a hearing depend on the judge you get?
36. Preparing for a Disability Hearing to Win Social Security or SSI Benefits
37. How does social security define disability?
38. Can I work without it affecting my social security disability or SSI?
39. What Disabilities Qualify for SSI Disability Benefits?
40. Qualifications for SSI and Social Security Disability
41. Medical Disability Requirements for SSD and SSI
42. The non-medical Disability Requirements for SSD and SSI
43. What do you if you get a disability claim denial? - Requirements for Disability
44. Social Security Disability, Medical Records, and a Person's Limitations
45. Social Security Denial - What should be done if your disability is denied?
46. When does social security consider you eligible for disability benefits?
47. Eligibility for Disability Benefits as Viewed by Social Security
48. What Happens If You Miss Your Social Security Disability Application Appointment?
49. How Long Do I Get To Keep My Social Security Disability or SSI Benefits?
50. Will Being A Veteran Affect Your Eligibility And Chances For Social Security Disability?
51. Who Do You Call Or Contact For Your Social Security Disability Status or SSI Update?
52. Does Social Security Disability Come With Medicaid Benefits?
53. Social Security Disability Lawyers - Fees and Representation Information
54. The Levels Of The Social Security Disability and SSI Application and Appeal Process
55. If you are denied for disability, is this based on your ability to do your past work?
56. How does Social Security Decide if I am Disabled?
57. What is a Social Security administrative law judge disability hearing?
58. Basic Facts about the Administrative Law Judge Social Security Disability Hearing
59. Appearing at the ALJ Hearing for Social Security Disability and SSI Benefits
Return to: SSDRC, or the Questions, Answers, Tips, and Advice page