Levels Of The Social Security Disability and SSI Application and Appeal Process
Qualifications for SSI and Social Security Disability
Social Security Disability Status
SSI Disability - Filing for SSI Benefits
Social Security Back Pay
Social Security Disability Award Letter
The Social Security Disability List of Impairments
Disability benefits and Children
Permanent Disability versus Total Disability under Social Security
The Social Security definition of disability
Social Security Disability, SSI, and Medical Conditions
On what conditions can you file for disability?
Working - Are You Allowed to Work While Receiving disability?
How do you request a disability hearing?
Filing a Disability Application - the Information needed by SSA
Can you get Social Security Temporary Disability?
How to qualify for disability - The Process of Qualifying
Social Security Disability SSI Eligibility Requirements and Criteria
Ask a Question, get an Answer - Social Security Disability and SSI
How to prove you are disabled
and win disability benefits
If you have a question about filing for disability benefits, or filing an appeal after a denial, or have a question about eligibility requirements for disability benefits under either the SSD or SSI program, please submit the question to:
Your question and answer will be posted on a webpage so that you may view it and so that others who have a similar question and/or situation may view it. But with that in mind, please do not post identifying information about yourself.
Previously asked questions:
- How do you get meds in the two wait for Medicare after an Approval for Disability?
- Can I file for SSI online?
- Approved for Disability but Medicare being terminated?
- Social Security Disability, children dependent benefits, and Marital Status
- Is there a Letter showing the reasons why I was denied for disability?
- What Should I Expect at my Social Security Disability Review if I am working part-time?
- Filing for Disability - Blind in one eye and a Learning Disability, Do I have a Case?
- How do I file for my children and spouse if I am Receiving SSDI?
- How long does it take to hear from SSI?
- Claim for SS Disability - What does an attorney or Representative charge?
- Should I have to go to court or get a Lawyer to get approved for Social Security disability or SSI?
- When a person that has been receiving SSD monthly payments dies, how is the last payment made?
- Should I Pay a Disability Attorney a 25% Fee?
- Am I Eligible to get Benefits (SSDI, Medicare) if I worked overseas and get a disability pension from another country?
- I hope you can find a answer to my question concerning the reopening of a prior waiver in my disability case
- How long does it take to get SSI Disability Benefits?
- Social Security Disability and Bilateral Hearing Loss
- When can I expect my first disability check and my back pay check?
- Social Security Disability Waiver of Overpayment
- Can I get Retroactive SSI Disability Benefits?
- What Are The Odds of Winning A Social Security Disability Appeal?
- What Conditions Qualify For Social Security Disability?
- Social Security Disability - What is considered earned income versus unearned income according to the SSA?
- When a parent receives disability benefits, can the children receive benefits?
- Question about when Social Security Disability Benefits began (date of onset)
- Check Amount on Social Security Disability Award Letter
- Denied for SSI on Appeal
- What is the regulation for SSDI Retroactive Benefits?
- If I receive SSDI and I divorce, will my SSDI increase?
- Disability Back Pay for Child in Kentucky
- SSA Medical Exam and your own Physician
- If I die while on Social Security Disability, will my wife receive anything?
Questions answered on the blog:
- Medicare Entitlement based on Disability
- Based on my age, is there any benefit to apply for disability?
- Do you have to be almost dead before you can receive disability?
- Should Social Security Medical Exams be done by Doctors who are Specialists?
- Can you Qualify for Disability if you took early retirement?
- Can a Mentally Disabled Person receive SSDI if they are a beneficiary to a trust fund?
- Will Social Security cut my Disability Benefits?
- What are the "rules" for SSD when two people in a household have disabilities?
- Will SSDI Disability convert to SSI at retirement age?
- Getting a Waiver of a Social Security Disability Overpayment
- Disability Deadline and Appointment for Medical Exam
- What does Social Security need from your medical records?
- If I Get Military Retirement Can I File For Social Security Disability?
- How is the last disability payment made when a person dies?
- I receive a disability pension from a different country, can I get SSDI?
- Will I be Approved for Disability with Coronary Artery Disease?
- Filing for Disability Online, Work Credits, and late appeals
- What if you are over the Social Security SGA limit but special considerations are being made?
- Do I lose my disability benefits if I go back to school?
- Will my disability be stopped if I work or does it depend on the kind of job I have?
Return to: SSDRC, or the Questions, Answers, Tips, and Advice page
Individual Questions and Answers
The Medical Records That Are Best For A Social Security Disability Claim
The Time Involved on a Social Security Disability Decision
What happens after I file my disability claim with Social Security?
Answers to Social Security Disability and SSI Questions
Social Security Disability and SSI Denials
Questions about Social Security Disability Approvals
The Social Security Hearing Process
SSI Disability Benefits
Return to Social Security Disability Resource Center
Or click to one of the following:
Return to -- Social Security Appeals Time Limit
Return to -- What Expenses Will A Social Security Attorney Charge In Addition To The Fee?
Return to -- Social Security Disability Lawyers and 25% Back Pay
Return to -- Will Social Security Attempt To Get A Letter From Your Doctor To Help Your Case?
Return to -- What Is The Difference between SSD and SSI?
Return to -- How is Social Security Disability and SSI Awarded?
Return to -- Applying for Disability according to state of residence
Return to -- Social Security Disability SSI, Medical and Mental Conditions and Problems
Return to -- Disability Lawyers - Questions about Hiring a Disability Attorney
Return to -- Disability Lawyers in Various States
SSD and SSI are Federal Programs
The title II Social Security Disability and title 16 SSI Disability programs operate under federal guidelines and, therefore, the program requirements--medical and non-medical--apply to all states:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Recent approval and denial statistics for various states can be viewed here:
Social Security Disability, SSI Approval and Denial Statistics by state
Special Section: Tips and Advice for Social Security Disability and SSI Claims